Thursday, January 04, 2007

Morning

I'm an early to bed, early to rise person. I'm up by 4 to 4:30 without an alarm clock most mornings. I'm in bed and sleeping before 9pm even on weekends. It's nice because I get a couple of hours before work to figure estimates or jump online to read the news or email, have a couple cups of coffee and give the cat its requisite time on my lap in the morning. This morning I jumped on the treadmill for 45 minutes for a little speed walking, just over two miles. It felt really good. I hadn't done it in a while. How many times have you heard or read that physical activity improves mood? I've always known it to be true but we don't always do what's best for us. So use the new year as an excuse. I'm going to see if I can fit 45 minutes into my early morning schedule for this mainly as an experiment. See how I'm feeling after 30 days. Besides, it's drier than walking in the 35 degree rain.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought i'd check this blog for the hell of it and here you are. me -- i'm a night owl -- J.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home