Monday, March 27, 2006

Yeppie

I bought a laptop yesterday. If anybody should have a laptop, it's a nerd like me. I don't know why I held out so long. I may be part of the "Yeppie" generation. Young Experimenting Perfectionist. Not so young anymore, but the rest of the definition fits which is a person who can't commit to a buying decision because there are 100 other good offers out there and the technology's changing minute to minute. So I threw my hands in the air and bought a Toshiba Satelite at Costco for about $1200 along with a way to go wireless when my DSL gets activated on the phone line next Monday. I concluded it would be a good way to be unconfined in the house. Downstairs in the entertainment room is a built-in desk where a full size keyboard, monitor, printer and scanner could reside and be hooked up to when I have to do some power computing. We also bought a little round nook table big enough for Joy and I to have our meals next to the kitchen. It sits up a little higher and with the chairs out has a diameter of about seven feet. We also bought a three-phone package (one for each floor) with an answering machine base. Saturday we took the rest of our crap out of the folks' house. Bags and bags of clothing we had to sort through to see if any was donatable to Goodwill, along with other things too small for the movers from three weeks ago. Joy worked her self to the bone cleaning the master closet at our new place to house much of the stuff. She's limping around loving the stairs.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Doug,

Watch out for that file-sharing stuff.

I don't know if the war in Iraq is being run well. Or, if the U.S. should be there in the first place.

That's my "controversial" comment for the day.

I am done.

Jonathan

3:33 PM  
Blogger Buster Brown said...

That's a pretty controversial thing to say. I have friends and family on the right and left politically and I wouldn't want to get in any fights with them. Besides, if you disagree with the war or Bush then you're anti-American or unpatriotic, and if you're for the war you're a right-wing, give everybody a gun, stop killing the unborn babies wacko. My point is it's hard to be on the fence in today's climate. No one likes to be pigeon-holed by a label.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad and I have been busy reading your latest blog spot and find it entertaining and informative. Who should be surprised that our son with his writing talents has come up with another avenue for communication without having to verbalize out loud. We are happy to see that you are enjoying your new digs. It must be something else to get up and look at that view each and every day. We loved the photo and that is just the beginning of how much that mountain will become a part of your life as it has ours all these years. That is one of the reasons we never picked up and moved away from our home. We are glad to hear you finally succumbed to purchasing a laptop. It certainly was overdue and you know how much I am enjoying the one here in PD. It is great entertainment. By the way we thought we had taught you the commandment Thou Shalt Not Steal but evidently we did a poor job! Ha. You got that trait from your father and definitely I was never involved. End of story. We are glad to hear our house is going to be ready for us once again. Sounds like you are keeping busy, busy, busy. The roof sounds like a big mess but the end result will be worth it. Also, I checked the GFC website and you definitely need a photo update of the three of you and one of Wildcat Willy. If you can find time to start a new blog site you can find time to update the floor site. Gee, I sound like a mother, don't I?? Dad is looking forward to setting in those theater seats when they arrive so make him your very first movie companion. Joy and I will have plenty to talk about and see upstairs on the new dining set. We will see you in another week.
Love, Mom and Dad

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home